Saturday, September 09, 2006

Blowin In The Wind



"How many times can a man look up, before he can see the sky?" -Bob Dylan

It's never too late to see things for the first time. I wish that everything I saw was as if it were the first. I remember one day sitting at the light at Lindbergh and Manchester--not expecting anything beautiful when I suddenly realized that was all that surrounded me--beautiful. People see pretty skies all the time. But it was more of that for me. It was the first time I saw grandeur and discovered how small I was. Trips to the Rocky Mountains, oceans, Europe...nothing else touched that moment. I guess my heart was just desperate for something beautiful, and I got it. Most other times, I take everything like that for granted. Note: If you're a St. Louisan, you obviously can tell this picture was not shot by me at the above mentioned intersection. It definitely lacks a little Lou Fusz action. And the awkward pet grooming house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home