Friday, August 04, 2006

Buckle Your Tastebuds



I committed two of my most hated acts this morning. First, I got to the mall 30 minutes early. I feared being one of those people who just stood in front of the store's locked doors, staring until it opened. Having worked at Pottery Barn and Abercrombie & Fitch, I have grown to despise those people. Second, I went to Starbucks to pass the 30 minutes. I don't like Starbucks. They charge too much for mediocre product. But more notably, I hate when people are Starbucks crazy. I knew this girl at kamp a few years ago who talked incessantly about Starbucks...she craved it constantly. It would be 100 degrees during Work Week while we were raking leaves, and she would be craving a mocha. Sick. It drove me nuts. With that said--so I go into Starbucks and ordered a Blackberry Green Tea Frappuccino. HALLELUJAH! It was good. It looks a little weird--three people stopped me while I was shopping to inquire about what I was drinking. I am thinking that I've enough time to go get another one before work. I am so ashamed. I've become one of them. Mark Poshak, you'll think it's yummy, you have to try it. And, you've got that one corner with two Starbucks, so I figure it's accessible.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mahndo said...

Sounds like you're hooked. Too bad. How are you doing?

12:52 PM  
Blogger Cary said...

Forget Starbucks, we need to get you back to spelling camp with a 'c!'

11:47 AM  
Blogger J said...

They do give health insurance to part-time workers, at least they're doing something good with their outrageous prices.

10:29 AM  
Blogger Adonna said...

Hi - Adonna here from Riverside...got to your blogsite in a round about way...wanted to recommend a book to you. I devour books and loved this one...Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close or is it Extremely Close and Incredibly Loud? Something along those lines...let me know what you think.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home