Wednesday, May 24, 2006

When I Hit Spokane




Been so long since I've seen your face,
Or felt a part of this human race.
I've been living out of this here suitcase
for way too long...
Ray LaMontagne, "Jolene"




Took the words right out of my mouth. I hate my suitcase. Looking at it makes me scream, then cry. I don't know who to be mad at, because I can't tell if it's chained to me or if I'm just holding on too tight. My arms are weak from dragging it from place to place for years...I need to feel sleep like I feel tired. My secret pain and grief appear to be all I've packed. I can't seem to allow God to pull out its contents and neatly repack it like he does for everyone else. I'm beginning to bleed. I need your face. I need to feel secure. I need to feel alive.

4 Comments:

Blogger poshiggity said...

"I need to feel sleep like I feel tired." You took the words out of MY mouth...

10:24 AM  
Blogger poshiggity said...

does tracy have a blog?

10:26 AM  
Blogger Cary said...

no blog for tracy. she just wanted to be able to comment. i think you guys might be in stl at the same time next month. we'll have fun!

6:34 AM  
Blogger Matt Blazer said...

I love the poetic prose...

Have we talked of my favorite author? He describes all of life's experiences - great pain, sex, love, marriage, physical pain, exercise, conversation, food - as sacraments. You're not doing the same thing, but I think I appreciate it for the same reason.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home