Thursday, January 19, 2006

...But I Forgot


I cannot take you with me
You must only travel in the deepest recesses of my mended heart
The world can’t see you, my private muse
Evidence of you is proof my life a hoax
The duckling in a swan’s robe

You made me
You created me
Your hands lifted me from blindness, and into Color I was swept
The created hides from the creator

That knowledge too honest
Today I walk the steps you knew I would take
My passions were carefully laid by you
Gone the girl I once hardly knew
Gone is the boy who changed her
Smiles on all faces
Happiness is deeper when they rest in memory
I was never meant to take you
Love that lives only in a dream
Reality is not real enough

2 Comments:

Blogger poshiggity said...

what a stunning photograph (or painting?) and writing, is it yours?

2:57 PM  
Blogger Cary said...

The poetry is mine...my favorite. The photo is from deviant art, by a photographer who goes by fade-out. He or she is very talented. I think I might be in violation of something, but I loved the photo enough to take the risk.

4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home